[TROM1] Dennis mentions this process in lecture "The Unstacking Procedure"

David M Pelly david.pelly at hotmail.ca
Sun Jul 13 16:44:38 UTC 2014

Good stuff!

Thanks for posting that Colleen.

I saved it.

David

Dennis was asked to evaluate "The Unstacking Procedure" and he started
talking about the danger of asking the mind for opposers.  He suggested
this process instead.

"You could erase the dog from his mind by asking him, “What is the
purpose,” or function if you like, usually if it’s a life… living creature
you say purpose, if it’s an inanimate object you’ll say function.

 You say, “What is the purpose of a dog?  and the preclear tells you, and
you take up…you can put him on the meter... and you take up each one of the
purposes of the dog.

Preclear says, “Oh dogs bark.” And you say “Well how do you feel about
that?” “Oh,” he says, “I have this terrible thing, we used to live next
door to a dog that barked all the time. It drove me mad.” You know, and you
take this up and you run this material you see and so he was all right
about that purpose.

 And you say, “Is there any other purpose that a dog has?” and he says,
“Well it’s a… they bite people.” “Oh, well how do you feel…” He says, “Oh,
I got bitten by a dog once. He says. And so you run that material there.
You see?

 See what you’re doing here, you are discharging the dog's purposes. His
opposition to… but you’re not mentioning the word oppose, you see. He’s
really smart. You’re not mentioning the word oppose. You’re saying, “
what’s the dog’s purposes?”

This was written in the context of "never ask the PC for what opposes a
goal" because the PC will only give wrong answers from his engram bank.

 Eventually you go through all these purposes and get them all squared
around and he feels alright about a dogs purposes. He feels better about
those purposes.

 Then you say to him, “What purposes have you had or got towards A dog?”
and then you take up his side… this side of the coin. “Oh, well I’ve always
had this urge to kick a dog, you know.” “Oh well, how do you feel about
that?” you find some incidents where he kicked dogs, and he secretly kicked
dogs and done all this, that and the other thing, see, and you go along
with this till you got all his purposes out regarding the dog.

 And you go back to the dog, “Well are any umm… What are the purposes of a
dog?” and see if any more material showed up and you keep going backwards
and forwards on these purposes towards the dog and the dogs purposes
towards him. Low and behold, magic, the dog would vanish out of his mind,
cause you… you’ve erased all the purposes, you see? He’s now got all the
purposes there and he’s got them sort of squared around and you haven’t
mentioned the dog’s package, but you… you… you… the technique is powerful
enough to erase the dog out of his mind. Just there… and it proves that…
that uhh… that uhh… that all that is present there is the purposes.

 You could do it with a house brick, you know. You could… you could erase a
house brick."