[TROM1] Transcripts of the Lectures

Happy Harry happyharry at inbox.com
Mon Aug 10 22:48:23 UTC 2009

Haha, not sure if my brain is hot, but my fingers undoubtedly are. :-)
I finished the lecture earlier today and submitted it to the TROM list, but for some reason it didn't get through. I contacted Pete about it, so we'll see.

The trick is to take your time when you transcribe, making sure you get each sentence right before you move on to the next. That way you don't leave any loose ends behind and won't have to do too many corrections later on (when you proof-read it). My advice is: Play the tape at 55-60% speed while you type. When you're done, listen to it at normal speed, while proof-reading. Oh, and make sure you get your punctuation right, as Dennis tends to produce long sentences (and often even breaks a sentence halfway through and starts again).

Good luck with the transcript. I know you'll do well.

Harry