[TROM1] Clears in Trom

Happy Harry happyharry at inbox.com
Fri Aug 7 00:46:34 UTC 2009

Hi David,

Hm...I'm not quite sure there's an "misunderstanding" per se. Personally, I don't think Denis's intention was to produce 'clears', as they are known in Scientology. Besides, 'clear' is a precisely defined state that is achieved using specific "Scientology" techniques (a different technology). When Denis mentioned 'clearing the planet', I think he was rather referring to fulfilling the original promise of Dianetics and Scientology - a world without insanity and war -, something he believed Scientology couldn't ultimately accomplish (due to the need for highly trained practitioners and expensive auditing).
You hear that phrase very often in Scientology: "Clearing the planet". It's become such a popular phrase in Scientology that I don't think it means literally 'turning everybody into a clear', but rather 'freeing the planet'.

Furthermore, I think there's a difference between a "clear" and someone who, according to Denis, has finished the first three levels of TROm. In his article/tape 'The Conditions of Life' he draws a (rough) comparison between someone who's a 'non-compulsive games player' (i.e. someone who's completed the first three levels of TROM) and someone who's "checked out to clear and done many of the OT levels". I refer you to that tape. Find it under http://www.tromhelp.com/services). Listen to it; you'll find it most illuminating, and it's a very enjoyable tape to listen to, again and again.

Then again, I'm neither clear nor have I completed the first three levels of TROM, so I can't speak from experience, really.

Anyway, I don't believe the two of us have had a 'direct dialogue' before. I'm Harry. :-)

Cheers,

Harry