[TROM1] Postulate Failure Cycle - Step 2

McLaughlin Pete H Contr AFRL/RZOI Pete.McLaughlin.ctr at edwards.af.mil
Tue Jan 15 23:57:52 UTC 2008

Terrance
  Get some colored highlighters and highlight the chart in colors to
show the different legs.
  I had to read the book 7 times and highlight the chart in colors to
show who is competing with whom at each level to make sense of the
chart.
  It is important that you understand the chart at some point, but not
at the beginning of therapy. You can run TROM levels 2, 3 and 4 without
using the chart and this work will give you some background from you own
life experiences and game wins and losses to use in figuring out the
chart.
  Each time you read the book read the chart and try to work out what is
going on.  As you get more familiar with the basics of TROM by the
reading you will start to see how the chart works to describe the games
conditions and overts/motivators, wins/losses that are described by each
level.  At level five you use this understanding to pose the game in
play or game won  or game loss that is each level of the chart and see
what in your mind fits that condition.  Time break the incidents or
feelings that pop up.

Pete