[TROM1] "not-know" - "postulate"

Martin Foster msfoster at telkomsa.net
Tue Jan 15 17:39:56 UTC 2008

In case you missed the folowing: :)
Rest interspersed:
Terms Used.
All terms used in a special sense have been-defined within the text.
However, a few terms have been used with the sense they are given in
the subject of Scientology. I have used these terms because they are
the most concise and meaningful available for the phenomena they
describe. Their Scientology definitions follow:
Motivator.An act received, considered harmful, and a justifier.
Nirvanafrom the compulsive playing of games, through the voluntary
playing of games to an ending of all games by the adoption of
complementary postulates and so the achieving of a non-game situation.
Over runPast the point of erasure
Over run symptomsconfusion, unwellness, missemotion etc.
Overt Act.An act committed, considered harmful, and justified.
Pan Determinism. (PD).Determining the action of self and others
(non-self).(The word pan is derived from the Greek word for all).
Postulate(noun) a postulate is a causative consideration. A
consideration is defined as a thought or idea.
PTPresent Time - now!
RIRepair of Importances
Self Determinism. (SD).Determining the action of self.
Valence.An identity assumed unwittingly (in games play). (The word
valence is derived from the Latin word for power. A being assumes a
valence in an effort to obtain its real or imagined power.)
At  15/01/08 Tuesday 10:57, Theta Quest wrote:
>*************
>The following message is relayed to you by  trom at lists.newciv.org
>************
>The 4th ability of life is to not-know. The techdict has a few
>definitions of not-know:

Put the tech dictionary away - and relook at how you got the idea
that TROM was based on Dianetics. Maybe just read through TROM first
and then make a thorough second study.

>NOT KNOW, 1. trying not to remember. (FOT, p. 84) 2 . an actual
>ability to "not
>know" is an ability to erase by self-command the past without suppressing it
>with energy or going into any other method. (PAB 87) 3 . in its most extreme
>manifestation is unconsciousness. Not-know in a lesser manifestation is death.
>The most extreme manifestation is when a person cannot go unconscious and we
>call that insanity. (SH Spec 15X, 6106C15)

Rather see "Know and not know" from the point of view of Life games.

Nirvana above is Dennis explaining a no-games condition with his
tongue in his cheek.

>I'm guessing that definition #2 is what we Stephens means. And we need
>to be clear on "erase" - erase means to knock the charge out of a
>facsimile it doesnt mean that you can no longer recall the facsimile.
>I'm being loose here instead of following the techdict because the
>definition of erase relates to "engram" which has 10 or more
>definitions!

None of the above   ------ I forgot how difficult it is to study TROM
from a Scio point of view.  TROM's "Time breaking" has more to do
with as-ising time than erasing charge. Once timebroken - no charge
remains - because the incident is in the "now" and not in the past
which in fact is only a mind construct.

>Next we read: "These actions are accomplished by postulates. A
>postulate is a causative consideration." --- unfortunately the
>techdict's first two definitions of consideration contain the word
>postulate, so we are running in circles with no way to understand what
>this sentence even means. And the 3rd definition is just places
>"consideration" at a certain ranking...
>
>CONSIDERATION, 1 . a thought, a postulate about something. (BTB 1 Dec 71R
>IV) 2. a consideration is a continuing postulate. (5702C26) 3 . the highest
>capability of life, taking rank over the mechanics of space, energy and time.
>(COHA Gloss)
>
>So having seen the word "postulate" thrown around, my guess is that a
>postulate is a way of thinking that something is true such that it
>becomes true. E.g. I postulate that i will have a girlfriend with long
>black hair and then 2 weeks later it happens.

 From TROM: "A postulate is a causative consideration; it is a
consideration which contains an intention that something will occur.
(The flavor of its meaning is contained in the old Latin postulare' -
to demand.) One creates a postulate like one creates anything else:
one brings it into existence in a certain location in space. Early on
you may like to surround your postulates with mass. That is quite
alright. You can create them with pink stripes and funny hats on if
you wish; they are, after all, your creations. Later on you'll be
able to do without the mass, and just create the pure postulate."

ALSO:
"Causation is achieved by postulates. A postulate is a causative
consideration. A consideration is defined as a thought, or idea.
Life can believe itself to be an effect, but that belief is itself a
causative consideration."

Martin