[ncnculture] Dept of Peace Bill

Roan Carratu worldmind at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 19:25:02 UTC 2008

Passing this on: (please pass this on to other groups)

From: DSweeton at aol. com
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:27:06 -0500
Subject: DEPARTMENT OF PEACE INFO

United States Department of Peace

There is currently a bill (H. R. 808) before the U.S. House of Representatives to establish a United States Department of Peace. As of now there are 69 cosponsors of the bill. This historic measure will augment our current problem-solving options, providing practical, nonviolent solutions to the problems of domestic and international conflict.

During the 20th Century, over 100 million people lost their lives to war -- most of whom were non-combatants. Now, at the dawn of the 21st century, the extent and current speed of nuclear proliferation makes the achievement of non-violent alternatives to war the most urgent need of the human race.

A Department of Peace will work to:

-- Provide much-needed assistance to efforts by city, county, and state governments in coordinating existing programs; as well as develop new programs based on best practices nationally

-- Teach violence prevention and mediation to America's school children

-- Effectively treat and dismantle gang psychology

-- Rehabilitate the prison population

-- Build peace-making efforts among conflicting cultures both here and abroad

-- Support our military with complementary approaches to peace-building.

-- Create and administer a U.S. Peace Academy, acting as a sister organization to the U.S. Military Academy.

Contact:
Vic Sorrell – 615-480-3965 – vic at doptn.org

Department of Peace Tennessee
http://doptn. org/

Peace and Good Health
  Roan

Exquisite Synergy http://exquisitesynergy.blogspot.com/
Relevant Patriotism Today http://rtoday.blogspot.com/
Gaia's Superconscious http://gaiaone.blogspot.com/

"'Savings?' .... I hoard my gold in spirit, where interest is
 increased by giving the principle away." - Dave Hartley.