[ncnculture] (fwd) Halexandria Update -- jb

Jeff Gordon jeff.gordon at wellnow.com
Wed Apr 2 03:26:28 UTC 2008

----- Forwarded message from "Dan S. Ward" <dansward at frii.com> -----

From: "Dan S. Ward" <dansward at frii.com>
To: Dan S Ward <dansward at frii.com>
Subject: Halexandria Update -- jb

In the event you do not wish to receive periodic, quarterly updates from
Halexandria, please reply to this message with a Remove request.  Also, if
you received more than one message because of multiple e-mail addresses,
and would prefer updates for only one address.  All such requests will, of
course, be quickly honored.

To all the Readers of the Lost Art:

Halexandria.org has finally managed an update just in time for spring and
all of those April Fools.  I would have written sooner, but I've been
working on three novels and that tends to take a fair amount of time and
constitute something of a serious distraction.

Despite the lack of recent updates, however, Halexandria.org did reach and
surpass 100 million hits in mid-October of last year, and is currently
flirting in the range of 115 million hits as of April Fool's Day of 2008.
In order to understand such numbers, it's always a good idea to visit
http://www.halexandria.org/stats.htm and read the definitions of "hits",
"pages", "visits" and so forth.  Such an exercise tends to put all such
statistics in proper perspective.   In any case, this last year has been a
positive one in terms of contributions to my ego, vanity, and self-esteem.
Thanks!

I did manage to add five new articles, including:

   String of Pearls -- http://www.halexandria.org/dward851.htm
   Enhancements -- http://www.halexandria.org/dward852.htm
   Oh, God! -- http://www.halexandria.org/dward853.htm
   Narcocorridos -- http://www.halexandria.org/dward855.htm
   Can Cun Con -- http://www.halexandria.org/dward856.htm

There is no particular rhyme or reason to this particular collection,
although at least two have a common source.  Life doesn't actually have to
make sense.

_MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY,_ I'm very pleased to announce the Intiation TODAY
of the *Halexandria Forums*!
extraordinary help of two veterans of such affairs, Sol
<http://www.book-of-thoth.com/thebook/index.php/Sol_Aris> and Dustin
<http://book-of-thoth.com/thebook/index.php/OddThings> -- the ability for
any and all readers of the lost art of Halexandria.org to comment on,
debate, initiate, and discuss all manner of issues, ideas, topics, and the
price of gold -- the type of issues one encounters in the Library of
Halexandria and beyond.

Halexandria's initial offering of Forums are in 12 arenas, but these are
comparatively open ended.  Accordingly, anyone wanting to contribute any
number of threads or ideas should feel free to do so.  Just head for the
Forums page, throw caution to the winds, and don't forget to duck in the
event you weren't really paying attention when you threw caution /directly/
into the wind and it came back.

In order to arrive at the Halexandria Foundation Forums Page and become a
"member", all one has to do is:

1. Go to http://halexandria.org/foundation//index.php

2. In the top right-hand "Log In" panel, click the link "create one
<http://halexandria.org/foundation//modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user>"
(account).

3. On the resulting page, fill in the conveniently provided blanks (with
True Information or else!!!) - and then you is IN, whoever you is! Welcome
and so on, but don't make yourself too comfy yet, in case our inspectors
want to conduct a surprise search and seizure.

4. Commence posting at will.

5. Stop slouching.  (Your mother told me to tell you this.  And just
exactly /why/ haven't you called her lately?)

Incidentally, "membership" in Halexandria is strictly limited to human and
other sentient beings who have the capability of thinking outside the box,
and at the same time can be courteous and respectful of others' really
idiotic, lame-brained opinions.  Such a limitation might make for a fairly
exclusive club... but then again life is always about choices... including
the choice of "no way, Jose."

Thanks for the use of the hall.

Daniel

----- End forwarded message -----

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."