[ncnculture] ..."Oil-pulling"...

Jeff Gordon jeff.gordon at wellnow.com
Mon Mar 5 23:51:06 UTC 2007

Hi, Dave --

> One of the things that irritates me about various and sundry treatments...
> Is truly bogus claims such as "oil will turn milky white because of toxins"
> Oil will turn milky white... if thoroughly mixed with distilled water !

(hehe)  Yah, but he didn't quite say that, did he?  He said "...has
become toxic. As the process continues the oil will become thinner and
white," leaving us room to -infer- that the oil's turning white is
-because-  of the toxins.  I don't think it was what he was implying.

> Anyhow, I'll give this a try with sunflower oil when I can get some.
> Tried it with safflower (not on the short recommended list)
> -and wonder if the viscosity of the safflower vs the recommended
> sunflower or sesame  .. might be key .. as the safflower is
> so viscous that at around 15 minutes the muscles in my face were
> beginning to protest fatigue !

Hmm; dunno -- I haven't ever tried a mouthful of Safflower so can't
speak it about comparatively.  With Sesame, viscosity doesn't seem to
present any kind of problem.  However, it could be that you're going at
it too vigorously, too, a natural tendency for those of us raised in a
Listerine culture. :-)  I find less vigorous swishing turns into a kind
of 'meditation', more like gentle ocean currents than like waves
pounding against the rocks and shores of your mouth. :-)

> Regardless of what other benefit, I think this is probably a good exercise..
> maybe keep the facial wrinkles away for a few more years <grin>

(hehe) Might be true, actually. :-)

 -- Jeff --

<> www.holistiq.com             <<--  main web 'home'